What is the Mediation Process?
- Any party involved in a dispute they wish to be resolved should refer their case to mediation.
- The intake coordinator will reach out to all parties to ensure that they all want to utilize mediation as the way of resolving their dispute.
- On the day of the mediation, all parties will meet with the intake coordinator to sign a formal agreement to mediate.
- Start the formal mediation with two trained mediators.
What are the Benefits of Mediation?
Some of the benefits of mediation include:
- Allows parties to come together and make assertive efforts to resolve a conflict peacefully
- Enhances mutual respect, appreciation and understanding between all parties involved in mediation
- 89%-96% of participants in the mediation process reported satisfaction and those who did not reach an agreement still thought that “mediation was a good attempt to resolve the dispute” (Hedeen, 2004)
- Provides a safe, confidential environment to use honest communication to resolve a dispute